Sunday 15 November 2009

Local History Book Fair

Yesterday there was a Local History Book Fair at Swansea Museum. I popped in with my friend, not expecting anything, but it proved really helpful. I bought two books, one of which I had found really useful from the library, so now I have my own copy. The other was about Edward I, and I am researching his pacification of the Welsh, for a chapter in the book.

The thing that was most useful, was a chat with one of the authors. To my shame, I can't remember his name, but he has written three books on executions and prisons. He gave me some good advice about finding a publisher, getting permission for quotes and illustrations, and the importance of a bibliography.

I now have an introduction and three chapters written. The next chapter is on the pacification of the Welsh. I'm trying to give the setting and some history, but still keep Alina in the picture. I want to share what I'm writing, but not compromise the chance of having it published, so I have to think about that. I will share at least some extracts - watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment